iPOD video size

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, i just bought a 30GB iPOD video and put on The Incredibles, Mission Impossible and Shaft on there last night. Works awesome but the only thing is that the picture looks a little funny. What is the correct video size (aspect ratio) a movie has to be so its look normal when playing it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz
pdditty said:
Hey guys and gals, i just bought a 30GB iPOD video and put on The Incredibles, Mission Impossible and Shaft on there last night. Works awesome but the only thing is that the picture looks a little funny. What is the correct video size (aspect ratio) a movie has to be so its look normal when playing it?

320 x 240

OP
P
Reaction score
Thats what i converted my videos to but when i play them on the iPod they look distorted. When i am watching Shaft, Sam Jackson's head looks too skinny. The video seems stetched vertically. I wanted to make the video look like it is on tv. It seems that I have to stretch it out horizontally. Anybody have this problem?

OP
P
Reaction score
icemanjc said:
i have not, what kind of compression are you using

I am using a program called "Digigami MoviesForMyPod". The size of the output video is 320 x 240. The video works fine on my iPod but the size seems distorted when viewing it. It looks like the height of the video is too big which makes everything looks skinny.

J

jbsengineer

pdditty said:
I am using a program called "Digigami MoviesForMyPod". The size of the output video is 320 x 240. The video works fine on my iPod but the size seems distorted when viewing it. It looks like the height of the video is too big which makes everything looks skinny.

try turning the WIDESCREEN to on... i know the movies i've compressed to the ipod were in widesreen format and needed to play in widescreen or it would shrink the play width.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS
How is that program (Digigami)?
I have been using 3-4 different programs and am not 100% happy with any of them.

My best experience has been with iPSP, easy and fast... but doesn't do full movies until you upgrade I believe.

OP
P
Reaction score
jbsengineer said:
try turning the WIDESCREEN to on... i know the movies i've compressed to the ipod were in widesreen format and needed to play in widescreen or it would shrink the play width.

Ill try that, thanks.

Also, the program is working great for me, I put a whole bunch of movies in queue before I goto bed and when I wake they are done. Working fine for me!

OP
P
Reaction score
Another quick question, since these are movies we are watching, it takes soo long trying to fast forward through the movie to a sepcific part. Is there a program that can break a finished converted file into parts, i.e. 4 parts, which would make it easier scanning through a movie?

OP
P
Reaction score
pdditty said:

I changed the resolution to 320 x 208 and it looked a little bit better. I am going to decrease the height a little more so the movie will look more lifelike.

I also used Quicktime Pro to break the movie file into 4 different parts so that I dont have to start from the beginning each time I want to watch a move. Fast forwarding through a 2 hour movie can be a pain. Its another step in the whole movie converting process but its worth it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.