iPad 2 exchange

Reaction score
Im new here and this may have b we answered but to my knowledge it wasn't :D anyway for a few unspecified reasons my iPad 2 warrants a warranty exchange. The nice guy from apple care says I just need to ship it tomorrow and the replacement would arrive in 5-7 days. However, he said I might could get something more quickly done a an apple store (about an hour and a half from me). So, my question is: what should I do? Has anyone else gone through something similar that knows which route is better. Thanks in advance!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Some folks won't mind driving...some would rather do the shipping method. Different strokes...different folks.;)

If you have the time...and don't mind driving...I would go to the Apple Store...since I like to get this sort of stuff taken care of ASAP! Just make sure you call first...so that they are in agreement with what Apple told you on the phone.

You don't want to drive 3 hours (round-trip) for nothing.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I agree with Nick, call first. I have been in the situation of talking to AppleCare on the phone and then going to the store after they told me to. I got the response of "those phone guys huh" from the Genius in the store. In the end Apple came through as always, but I got the impression that the phone support and genius support differ in their views.

And me, I would drive it there no question. I am a "I need it now" type of guy and hate waiting on anything. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
And me, I would drive it there no question. I am a "I need it now" type of guy and hate waiting on anything.

Man after my own heart. :) After being in the military and working for the US Govt for so many years, I hate waiting on anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
I second (third?) calling ahead to your Apple Store before heading out. You wouldn't want to drive over only to find out they didn't have the correct model in stock or whatnot.

I had some bleeding on my iPad when I bought it, but it was minimal, so I just ignored it. But, it seemed to be getting worse over the last couple months so I went to my Apple Store. They replaced it on the spot. I think I was in the store no more than 30 minutes. It was convenient and I didn't have to wait a few days iPad-less while products were in-transit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.