Right click

Reaction score
I am totally new to Mac. Several of your replies say to "right Click"
As I don't have a mouse, and there is only the one click bar on the macbook what does the term "right click" mean

Rodc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can hold CMD and click or you can go into the System preferences - trackpad and enable 2 finger click to right click or designate the bottom right corner of the pad to right-click

OP
R
Reaction score
Right Click

Hi - Thanks for that. I am running 10.5.8 on Intel Core 2 Duo.

I notice from another reply to someone else that they say "command + click " for right click. Is there a user-guide or other Mac documentation which gives all these sort of things? When you say "two-finger click" I am unsure what finger gymnastic I am supposed to do - two fingers at once on the click bar? or two taps at once on the track pad?

I will check out the preferences for for usinf the right corner of the track pad.

Thanks, Rodc

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Hi - Thanks for that. I am running 10.5.8 on Intel Core 2 Duo.

I notice from another reply to someone else that they say "command + click " for right click. Is there a user-guide or other Mac documentation which gives all these sort of things? When you say "two-finger click" I am unsure what finger gymnastic I am supposed to do - two fingers at once on the click bar? or two taps at once on the track pad?

I will check out the preferences for for usinf the right corner of the track pad.

Thanks, Rodc

Two finger tap on the track pad.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It's not command+Click for Right Click. Control+Click.

Once I got used to two finger tap for Right Click, I never went back.

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi - Thanks for clarifying that. I will learn it all eventually. Cheers fro sunny Melbourne, australia.

Rodc.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If this is an older Mac - once you have the correct settings - in System Preferences - Trackpad - you'll touch the trackpad with 2 fingers and then click the button once.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.