• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

totally off topic, but need some help with my wifes neon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
Okay, I am in the process of "PIMPING" my wifes Dodge Neon right now. I am trying to install power lock actuators, because it came without power locks. I am having a problem figuring out where to put the actuators, because the lock buttons are part of the door trim, so it is really tight inside the door.

Has anybody ever installed lock actuators inside one of these cars (2003 dodge neon), or know of a Dodge Neon message board like this, that I can ask the question there?

Appreciate the help, if anybody can help me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
my guess is that your gonna have to get one designed for the neon.

How are you trying to attach them? On my brother old car they just used to sit in the bottom corner of the door and attach onto the existing wire that opens and closes the lock

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
inflexion said:
my guess is that your gonna have to get one designed for the neon.

How are you trying to attach them? On my brother old car they just used to sit in the bottom corner of the door and attach onto the existing wire that opens and closes the lock

i thought it was like that, but the rod that locks and unlocks the door, is going across the middle of the door from the back of the door to the front, and then goes towards the top of the door, it is weird. I am probably just going to have to figure out a way to get them to work somehow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
yea thats how his was you need a clasp that wont move around when the door opens and closes and attached vertically

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.