Missed call / text alert app?

Reaction score
Is there an app that will periodically alert you, through an alarm, when you you've missed a text or call?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The iPhone settings let you have it repeat the alert a number of times, coupled with notification center it's easy to see missed calls/texts

OP
J
Reaction score
The iPhone settings let you have it repeat the alert a number of times, coupled with notification center it's easy to see missed calls/texts

Thanks! Which settings are you referring to exactly? And what exactly should I be toggling to get the repeated notifications you've mentioned? Thanks for your help...

C

chas_m

a. Have you upgraded to iOS 5? If not, do so.

b. Now that you're on iOS 5, swipe to open from the lock screen, and then swipe DOWN from the top of the screen. Voila.

OP
J
Reaction score
I'm looking for something different. When I owned a Motorola phone, it periodically beeped when I didn't notice that I call or text came in. Is there anything similar for the iPhone?

C

chas_m

So, a written notice of the calls and messages you've missed isn't enough??

Oh-kay .... um, no nothing built in that I can think of. Maybe you could check the App Store for a third-party solution.

OP
J
Reaction score
I have. Hence the post... And which it might seem like I'm asking for a lot, consider this: sometimes one doesn't realize that there's been a missed call w/o an alarm of some sort. Thanks for your input...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Messages you can go into settings -> notifications -> messages and select a repeat option, although it's limited to a max of 10 repeats alerts. There is no repeat on the phone tho.

AFAIK also there are no apps that will do what you want (since running apps in the background is for specific tasks and with apps sandboxed, there is limited access to each app including phone functionality).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.