mail not able to send

S

sik

I have this problem that mail not able to send.
it just stopped just about 5hrs ago and has not worked since
another computer works just fine-any setting isuue

OP
S

sik

more info

the email goes to the outbox
when i hit get mail it checks email and returns incoming mail
but no outbox gets emptied- also the rotating thing to the right of the inbox moves when checking but nothing in the outbox

OP
S

sik

even more info

wat i have noticed is the difference between this computer and another mac mini is that the other one has no outbox whereas this one which doesnt work has -has this got to do with my problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
look in the settings mate as that might help, even though i dont use mail im guessing that its your settings as i always used to have an outbox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
You might want to check with your ISP (or whoever is hosting your outgoing mail). Sometimes they tell you to use a different port for outgoing mail instead of the default port (25).

OP
S

sik

yeah checked port

yeah i checked the port its supposed to be the port 25
also the other one is running with the port 25 and hasn't missed a beat!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
is it just freezing when you start it? maybe its sending something, usually if you quit mail itll try to resend if it was not complete. thats what happened to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Check with your ISP to what their outgoing mail server is supposed to be. I had the same issue with mine. Had to change my outgoing server to mail.bellsouth.net after I got rid of my .mac account. Try mail.yourISP.com or .net I had to mess around with mine till I figured it out. Or you could call them?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.