how can i get the disks that came with the imac (IMB not intel)?

Reaction score
So i just was wondering if anybody knows where i can get/download the originals disks that came with the imac. It has a IBM processor witch makes it much harder to find!

Thanks for all the help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What year, model iMac do you have? For older machines the best place to buy the disks would probably be eBay. Always buy the retail version not the machine specific version. In other words the Black disk with the big X not the gray - silver ones.

OP
K
Reaction score
hey thanks for the reply...

i have a IMac model # A1195 that is a 17 inch imac from 2006.
Now what operating system do i need? it is OS X Tiger right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Tiger yes. Be aware that it's going to cost you £80-100 though, and as pointed out, you need the full retail version.

Reaction score
I just bought OS X Tiger brand new full retail version from ebay and they not only had the buy it now option, but there was the option to submit an offer. I got mine for $75 plus $8 shipping. Just waiting for it to arrive to install on an older G4 desktop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.