ios 4.3 upgrade

Reaction score
I currently have ios 4.3 on my iPhone 3gs....is it possible to upgrade to 4.3.2 or 4.3.3 instead of the most recent ios 5.0.1?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I currently have ios 4.3 on my iPhone 3gs....is it possible to upgrade to 4.3.2 or 4.3.3 instead of the most recent ios 5.0.1?

Yes. First download the firmware direct from Apple. Here's a website with links to the direct downloads for 4.3.4 for example:
Download iOS 4.3.4 For iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 2, 1, And Pod touch [DIRECT LINKS] | Redmond Pie

They have links elsewhere in their site for other versions. Once downloaded, you can restore by following this guide:
Download iPhone / iPod IPSW Manually, Restore via iTunes (How-to) - Softpedia

OP
R
Reaction score
I tried this and it did not work. Any other suggestions? Sorry, this is not an area I am familiar with and need assistance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried this and it did not work. Any other suggestions? Sorry, this is not an area I am familiar with and need assistance.

Exactly in what way did it not work? What version of iOS is on your iPhone now? Double-check it, don't assume. What version of iOS did you download? Did you get the correct one for your model iPhone?

OP
R
Reaction score
I followed your instructions and iTunes gave me a 3194 error. I currently have ios 4.3 (8F190) on the phone and would like 4.3.2 or 4.3.3. I followed the link you provided and downloaded the correct version for my 3gs, but received the 3194 error. Any ideas how to fix the error?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I followed your instructions and iTunes gave me a 3194 error. I currently have ios 4.3 (8F190) on the phone and would like 4.3.2 or 4.3.3. I followed the link you provided and downloaded the correct version for my 3gs, but received the 3194 error. Any ideas how to fix the error?

Here's a thread on Apple's forums with a couple tips that worked for some people:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2668731?start=0&tstart=0

And here's an article with suggestions:
Fix Error 3194 from iTunes during iPhone restore

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Non Intel based I-Mac
I'm just looking to have the Time Lock function add the "Never" option... I have a 3g
and have no idea as to how to upgrade to version 5 IF that's even possible... Like I said, all I want is the capability to not have the bloody screen go into time out mode especially when I am using an app that shows my R/C models Telemetry (STI) I usually have 7 to 10 minutes flights, and cannot be flying the airplane and doing UNLOCK at the same time.

KKKKFL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

Unfortunately, this is not going to be possible. Essentially, if you had installed 4.3.3 on the phone previously while 4.3.3 was the most recent firmware, then there are ways to downgrade back to a firmware you were at previously, however, you cannot downgrade/upgrade to a firmware that you never had installed previously (unless it's the most recent one.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I'm just looking to have the Time Lock function add the "Never" option... I have a 3g
and have no idea as to how to upgrade to version 5 IF that's even possible... Like I said, all I want is the capability to not have the bloody screen go into time out mode especially when I am using an app that shows my R/C models Telemetry (STI) I usually have 7 to 10 minutes flights, and cannot be flying the airplane and doing UNLOCK at the same time.

KKKKFL

iOS 5 cannot be installed on a 3G. However, if you go to Settings > General > Auto-Lock, I believe you'll find a setting to fix your problem. Just change the auto-lock setting to Never.

In the future, you should post your question in a new thread, instead of at the bottom of someone else's thread. It's just coincidence that I even saw your post, which has nothing to do with iOS 4.3 (the title of the thread).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Non Intel based I-Mac
Thanx..
I did have a thread started that Kinda dealt with this issue.. but I'm getting mixed answers. Then I saw this one dealing with versions....

Maybe I should have stated the question differently... could you please give me details in the thread called Time out? thanks

KKKKFL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.