Problems with AirPort

Reaction score
Hi

I keep having trouble with my MBP disconnecting from my home internet connection via Airport.

The problem occurs a couple of times a day and results in my internet connection being down from anything between 5 minutes and 30 minutes. The internet connection icon at the top of my screen will start moving as if it is searching for an available network. The problem is I know there isn't a problem with my connection as I can still connect and use it on my iPhone and iPod. Sometimes the icon shows full bars as if connected to a network, but when I open my browser it won't load a webpage.

If I try to reconnect to the network it will often say Timeout Connection or just not allow me to connect at all. I usually have to wait and keep reseting my mac and router.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Reaction score
Hello Chris, Your problem sound similar to mine, which I posted at 3:41 on 12.12.11. The problem seems to show on the page where I can "Edit Locations" on my Airport settings between Automatic and macbook, but I have not received any advice on how to remove the Network addresses that appear in the dropdown menu of networks on that page. Despite clearing and restarting I notice macforums is not showing any threads since 12th (today is 14th) and I seem to be the only person looking at the threads. Have you had more help than me?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.