Mac Mini G4 Upgrades .. How long with Leopard Last?

Reaction score
I have a list of some amazing things I can (and want to) do with my old Mac Mini 1.1

Currently it is this ..
G4 1.25ghz / 1gb / No wifi or blue tooth / no hard drive / no DVD drive ..

I am going to upgrade it to this ..

64gb SATA Kingston SSD (With a special 2.5" adapter) and replacement of the mounting hardware inside the Mini.

200gb 7200rpm SATA (optical drive replacement with special "optical ide to SATA bracket / adapter")

Wifi-N 300mbs + BlueTooth 2.1 mini USB2.0 (built inside the machine with one USB cable showing in the rear of the Mini ..)

All of this will cost close to nothing for me .. as I already have most of the parts .. MY QUESTION IS .. How long will Leopard last for ??

Hopefully I have posted in the right forums ...

Thank you!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
And on your question, how long will Leopard last? You mean updates? Probably not that much longer, but it will still function. Not that long ago I got an update on an older Mac with OSX Tiger on it!

OP
P
Reaction score
Nonono. I wanted to delete the account .. because clearly I posted a "software" question in a "hardware" forum .. I just did not read the first post in the "hardware" category .. I just felt it necessary to correct the mistake I made .. And seeing as there is no "clearly visible DELETE post button" I did not know what do other than deleting the account haha.

Thank you for posting! and I hope my little curfufle does not appear to be in distaste! I came here because this is the best forum on the net for information on macs. :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I will just move the thread to the proper area. Sorry I misread your question. If you ever get stuck or make a mistake in the future, just ask a member of staff and we will take care if it for you!

There and I changed the title to reflect your Software question. Hope that is ok with you.

I did try and answer your question in my other post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.