Please help

Reaction score
I have a iphone 3Gs and the speakers still work but the ringer does not work when someone calls. when I adjust the sound up and down it will ring letting you know where your volume is, but when someone calls me the phone only vibrates (will not ring).

I have downloaded the most recent software and its still not working!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hello there,

I've just tried replicating this by sliding the mute button off on the top left side of my iPhone so that the red line shows and yes, you are right, you can still hear music but the ringer will be mute.

Unslide the ringer mute and you should be back to normal.

OP
R
Reaction score
thanks for the reply pendlewitch but thats not the problem.. I have the mute button off or the sound switched to on on the top left part of the phone.. The volume is up.. It just will not ring when someone calls me, all the other sounds work perfectly fine!!! Its crazy, not sure what is going on with this phone...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Not sure either mate, unless the slider switch is fouled in some way so that it can't make the correct contact.

Have you tried doing a cold reset (powering down and then re-booting) ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
thanks for the reply pendlewitch but thats not the problem.. I have the mute button off or the sound switched to on on the top left part of the phone.. The volume is up.. It just will not ring when someone calls me, all the other sounds work perfectly fine!!! Its crazy, not sure what is going on with this phone...

Try going into the settings and selecting a different ring tone. Call the phone and see if that works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.