My mac continuously uploads data

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm on internet provided by my university, so I have to log in to go online. When I do that, I see how much download and upload data I still have available. I noticed yesterday that my upload bar was at 0%, where normally it's always around 99%...My mac is constantly uploading data at a speed of about 50-60kb/s.

Has anyone ever had experience with that? What would the reason be? Malware? And how can I fix it?

It's not due to
utorrent or some other peer to peer software, I'm pretty sure about that.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

OP
T
Reaction score
I found what it was! Thought I'd share it here, so people in the future having this problem might know where it comes from.

Seems it came from a running process called "photostreamagent". This is an app used by iPhoto and iCloud to upload pictures to iCloud.

Why was it uploading 60kb/s for more then a day already? Yesterday I imported more then 4Gb of photos into iPhoto, so my mac was still uploading all of them to iCloud.

Glad I figured it out and that the problem wasn't actually that big of a problem at all.

Reaction score
Thanks!

I found what it was! Thought I'd share it here, so people in the future having this problem might know where it comes from.

Seems it came from a running process called "photostreamagent". This is an app used by iPhoto and iCloud to upload pictures to iCloud.

Why was it uploading 60kb/s for more then a day already? Yesterday I imported more then 4Gb of photos into iPhoto, so my mac was still uploading all of them to iCloud.

Glad I figured it out and that the problem wasn't actually that big of a problem at all.

Hi

Just want to thank you for this post, I had the exact same issue. I searched continuously for a solution until I found this.

All the best,
Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.