New Adapters

Reaction score
My friend has the early 2008 model of the white MacBook. It charges fine with the older MagSafe adapters, but refuses to work with the new L-Shaped adapter. I have other friends with the same model that charge fine with the new adapters. Does anyone know why her's wouldn't like it? The models seem to be technologically identical. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
My early 08 mbp charges off of the L adapters, and my 11 charges off the old T adapter. Actually, ALL of the adapters will work for ALL my computers in the house (save the Lenovo, which needs the 170w, and won't work with the 90w bricks). That includes 2 MBP's and 2 macbooks. So, I don't got a clue. Despite what the Apple salesguy told my wife, it will work.

OP
G
Reaction score
Yeah - I have a few other friends with the same model and it works fine. It's really weird, so I just thought I'd see if anyone had the same problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.