How do I find out what is taking up so much space?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a Powerbook 667 with 512 RAM and 30 Gigs ROM.

I have had this thing for years and I am trying to figure out what could be taking up 16 Gigs of space.

I have moved all movies and music to an external hard drive, so I know that is isn't media. And I deleted everything in my download file as well.

Is there any way to see what could possibly be taking up so much space? Is there anything that I can run to clean out old iPod updaters and worthless things like that?

Most of my files are Word, Excel and some pictures, but nothing huge... not 16G worth.

Thanks,
J

OP
nutz46
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bingo!! I found some hidden folder in Limewire with like 5.5 Gigs of downloads and "incomplete" files...

I do have something like 1.57 Gigs of stuff in my "Printers" file.. what is that all about?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
those are drivers for printers. you can delete the ones for printers you don't use

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Try the ever popular Delocalizer to take out all the languages you don't use. Find it on Macupdate.com!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.