Airport Extreme

Reaction score
Hi all

I have an airport extreme. I am wondering if I can attach an external drive that hAs photos and what not on it that I could access from both my apple products and pc products. I realize often times external drives need to be formatted for one or the other but I am wondering if when connected to airport extreme either pc or Mac can access the info in the hardrive?

Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
This page should give you a quick idea of what you can do. Page 15 of the manual just says to connect it.

Most external HD's usually are formatted in FAT32 unless you decided to format it differently..and I would stick with FAT32..

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for that, what I am most curious about is if both a Mac and of will be able to get the info from the hardrive.(this pertains to how I will setup my network, if the pc's cannot pickup info from the hardrive that would be an issue for me)

Thx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.