• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Pictures of the G3 All-In-One

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air
After extensive searching, I've come to the disappointing conclusion that there is not a single picture of a blue and white Power Mac G3 All-In-One anywhere on the internet. Can anybody find one?

OP
corysw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm about 98% sure they did. If you do a Google search for it, you'll get some results.

Reaction score
The only blue and white Power Macintosh G3 that I know of are the towers models with matching monitors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
no i think hes right, i remember n grade school the secretary had one that had blue on the top and sides, had Zip and floppy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Well.. the all in one G3s are pretty limited...

but is this it?

Picture 2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You didn't click my link in my last post, did you Graphite.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
There were no B&W AIO G3's.
They were only made for a short time, and only available for sale to schools. When the iMac was released, the AIO was almost imediately taken out of production.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
D3v1L80Y said:
There were no B&W AIO G3's.
They were only made for a short time, and only available for sale to schools. When the iMac was released, the AIO was almost imediately taken out of production.

That's correct. The AIO is one of the shortest production lines Apple ever produced, only for a couple of months, and not for all markets.

And it wasn't Blue & White, but all beige. :cool:

OP
corysw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They did make them in blue and white. Like MadSkillzMan, I too remembered it from school. There were like three of them in the computer lab. I've been to apple-history.com, and as with every other site, they only have a picture of the beige one there. I can't even find a decent picture of the beige one. The one on apple-history.com is actually like the biggest one I could find.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Like D3v1L80Y & Avalon stated, there was no Mac called the PowerMac AIO B&W. If there was some limited production model I have never seen it. Still it would have not been called that. There is only one computer called the B&W G3 and that is the PowerMac Tower.

L

lil

I concur, the only blue and white AIO G3 was the iMac, the only Blue and White Power Macintosh G3 was the Yosemite based blue and white towers.

The AIO before that was as beige as its beige Power Macintosh G3 desktop and tower siblings.

To spot an AIO beige G3 is quite the feat...

OP
corysw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whatever. I know they made them. And I'm going to find a picture of one if it takes me the rest of my afternoon!

OP
corysw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"According to Apple, design elements of Future Power's box - its curvy, blue-and-white chassis and compact, all-in-one architecture built around a 15-inch CRT display"

"We also have an array of new and aging computers, two Toshiba laptops one spanking new and an old satellite. A Performa mac, a Blue and white G3 all in one, a G3 which is really souped up to run as a G4"

"The situation here is that I have OSX on my blue and white all in one G3 not tower."

The first quote is from CNET, and the other two are just from random forum posts. There is a chance the second two may be referring to iMacs.

Still no luck with the picture hunt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Well, good luck in finding it. :cool:

No site that has a complete listing of Apple's hardware (there are a few more tha just apple-history), neither Apple themselve, list a B&W G3 All-In-One as existing model.
The beige AIO was produced only for a couple of months (April '98 until January '99), and was meant only for the educational market. So I highly doubt they made a limited modell within that already limited time for a limited market. It has been replaced by the first, Bondy-blue iMac.

Even the hardware was that from the beige G3, not of the B&W. Because of a limitation in the beige's hardware, you need a partition of less than 8GB to be able to install OS X. The B&W doesn't have that limitation anymore.

But it really would be very interesting if you can find a pic of a B&W AIO (NOT Photoshoped, of course!!)...because it would show that Apple has some very interesting rarities noone knows about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I'm also going to agree that there was No Such Mac.

Macs were beige until the iMac (original, Bondi blue model.) Once the iMac came out, the G3 AIO was discontinued, since both were targeted at the same market. It was never updated to the new color scheme.

The Blue-and-White G3 models were all towers, with the same shape as the G4 towers.

Perhaps you are thinking of the matching monitors for the B&W G3s. They were certainly huge enough to be mistaken for a computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.