Partition and duel boot

Reaction score
Hi!

I have recently upgraded to Lion and have discovered that I can't get it to remote desktop into a windows 2000 machine, something that is essential to my job. I don't want to give up on Lion, as I am tight and it cost me £25.

So I was hoping that I could have Snow Leopard as an option for boot, although on the occasions that I need to use remote desktop I wont need very much functionality other than that. I will still use Lion for 90% of my usage.

I have a macbook by the way, any help about how to do this would be much appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Boot Lion to its recovery partition by holding down your OPTION key at boot up right after hearing the chime. Once in recovery, select Disk Utilities. Select the partition tab. Create a partition for Snow Leopard, one large enough to accommodate the OS and what applications you need. Name the partition something that will differentiate it from Lion.

Boot the machine with your Snow Leopard DVD and install SL to the newly created partition. That should give you a dual boot capability between Lion and Snow Leopard. You would select between them at boot up by holding down the OPTION key as above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.