Can't boot, stuck at grey screen...

Reaction score
I'm running an intel '06 mbp running lion and I had problems with my battery, so I installed battery updater 1.2 and this is where problems began... I restarted as I was told by the installer but I got stuck in the grey apple logo with the circling icon for a good 10 minutes. I rebooted, reset my pram, reset my smc, booted into verbose mode and it stalled when it said :

Unable to open /var/db/bootcache.playlist :2 no such file or directory
Waiting for DSMOS...
macx_swapon SUCCESS

After that point it just stalled for 15 minutes, so I decided to perhaps remove or uninstall the battery updater bundle that I installed earlier. I figured this could fix the problem since its the only thing that I did that caused me to be not to be able to boot into my machine. Any ideas? Should I just remove via single user mode?

OP
C
Reaction score
SOLVED:

I had to boot by pressing Command+R then ran disk utility, ran terminal mounted the volume and deleted the corrupted file, ran disk utility again this time verify and fix disk and finally repair permissions and now I'm able to boot into Lion...crisis averted

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.