Program to secure erase delete email in mac osx?

Reaction score
I'm looking for an app that can securely shred, ( erase ) email from mac mail in OSX.

I found this:

NetShred X will clear history, clean cache automatically - Internet Eraser for Mac OS X -NetShred X

I'm looking to see if there is anything else. Ideally, something just like being able to manually "Secure Erase Trash" when deleting normal mac trash files.

Also, I noticed if you take an email from Email Trash and you drag it to the OSX Trashcan it gets removed from the email trash but doesn't go into the trashcan. It disappears.... Any idea what happens to it? I'm guessing it just gets a regular delete.

BTW- I think this should just be a normal OSX feature.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
They have a free trial. Download it and try it out and let us know how well it works.

OP
M
Reaction score
I did...

I thought the UI was very bad.... Think 1998 SW....

Also as I tried to test it and actually click the button for secure deletion it said that the demo only deletes and does not erase.

It also wants to work in the background and automatically erase email trash / cache, etc.

I'm just looking for a simple "secure erase email trash" menu item.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.