Major Issues with my Macbook pro

Reaction score
So, one day a few weeks ago my Macbook pro started to really mess up. It keeps starting up in safe mode.

First it was the keyboard, just stopped working. I have no clue how to fix it and have been using an external keyboard.

Then it stopped registering that it had any sound output or input devices. I still get the chime when I start the computer up but at the login screen there is nothing. Even external speakers don't work.

A few days later it all started working for about half a day after I connected it to a friends macbook pro trying to transfer some files before I reinstalled the OS. But it suddenly restarted itself and since then it won't register that it has a wireless card in it and won't let me even see an airport option.

Reinstalling the OS has not helped anything. I'm kinda at my wits end about the thing and am really hoping someone can tell me whats wrong.

The computer is currently running OS X ver. 10.4.9 and has a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor. Please help me fix this.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you spill anything on your MBP? Even a spill from months ago?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
With all those symptoms it sounds like a failing logic board. That's why I asked about the spill. If you haven't already backed up your data, backup what you can before it quits altogether. Your machine is likely a 2007 model which means it's going on 5 years old. It may not be worth spending a lot of money on for repairs. You've got a decision to make.

OP
A
Reaction score
I'm planning on buying a new one when I get back from basic in a few months but I was hoping to salvage this one until that time came.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.