Should I wait to get the Pro?

Reaction score
There have been rumors of a new Macbook Pro coming in May 2012-ish. Do you guys think we will see a renovation, and if so, how significant do you think it will be?

The reason I ask is bc I am a HS senior, and my parents told me that they would get me a Macbook as a graduation present. I don't know whether to just get the current 15 inch model now, or if it's worth it to wait for the new ones. I would only really care if they got significant new additions. Should I wait for the new ones or just get one now?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
There have been rumors of a new Macbook Pro coming in May 2012-ish. Do you guys think we will see a renovation, and if so, how significant do you think it will be?

The reason I ask is bc I am a HS senior, and my parents told me that they would get me a Macbook as a graduation present. I don't know whether to just get the current 15 inch model now, or if it's worth it to wait for the new ones. I would only really care if they got significant new additions. Should I wait for the new ones or just get one now?

When are you graduating?

If it were me and I wasn't actually going to graduate until next May/June I would wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 Mac Pro
Wait! Hold on to the money.....for now. 2012 will surprise all.

Wait! hold on to the $$$$$. 2012 will surprise everyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 15" MBP 2.6GHz i7, Late-2011 13" MBP 2.4 GHz i5, Early-2008 Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Xeon
I agree, if your graduating next may or june wait. better safe than sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.