Boot Camp Help

Reaction score
Hey guys as my title indicates I'm having trouble with Boot Camp. Before i go into the issues itself here/s the spec on my iMac.

iMac
21.5-inch, Mid 2010

Processor: 3.06 Ghz Intel Core i3
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)

Now whats going is well I'm following all the steps on the installation guide you can print before you start (btw I'm using Windows 64bit) with absolutely no problems. That is until i get to the part where windows finishes installing itself. Once it does that it restarts itself just fine to finish up but here's the problem. Then it restarts itself again and gets up to the part that shows Windows Starting up then the screen turns dark. Now at first i figured it was just loading itself but i left the black screen for a good 5-7 minutes and nothing happened at all. I turn off the computer and turn it back on and it does the same thing. Ive tried removing the partition and restarting all over again 3 times. Whats wrong? Can my computer not handle 64 bit? Cus according to the Apple page it should be able to. Thanks in advance for the help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
See if this article helps you to solve the problem. LINK BTW, this is a known problem with your year iMac....

OP
S
Reaction score
Everything came out perfect when I listened to the directions on the apple suppor page linked in the page you linked me. Thanks SO much :3

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Great. Enjoy Windows and visit often. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.