Help me choose.... :-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
So in the past 12 months, i have gone from dual G4 to mac mini to Powerbook and now to my iMac G5. I am increasingly using photoshop CS much more for graphic design and using Avid and Premiere for professional video design.
At the moment my setup is a 20 incher g5 iMac 1.8GHz, (first model i think) with 2 gigs of ram, and this thing is really fast, but i am fast running out of HD space, and dont want to go external, so i will shortly be buying a tower, which is also good as i want to be able to expand, gfx card possibilities etc.
Now i think i am going to get the dual core 2gig, with as much ram as i can afford, but my problem is with the monitors. At the moment, the 20" is too small for all of my work, so i am faced with the following choice:
23" apple display
2 X 20" apple display

I would really like to keep it apple, as i love the quality of these monitors. I would just like to know whether getting the 23" and keeping one has more good points than having 2 seperates, but more screenspace.
Thanks in advance
Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz 12" iBook; iMac G3 333Mhz; Use Dual 2Ghz PM G5's
Dual display is always better. Even with a 20" and a little vga, I'm good.

Reaction score
I'd say it depend on what you work with. DO you do lots of images at the same time (Dual displays better), or do you work with big images (one big screen would be better).

I usually have lots of stuff open at once so i'd prefer two (or more) screens

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
dual screens all the way for me

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
mig.gentry said:
I'd say it depend on what you work with. DO you do lots of images at the same time (Dual displays better), or do you work with big images (one big screen would be better).

I usually have lots of stuff open at once so i'd prefer two (or more) screens

Hi, i use CS all the time with many images open for manipulation, and Illustrator at the same time.
I think i am going to go with dual 20" cinemas or dual 24" dells.
Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz 12" iBook; iMac G3 333Mhz; Use Dual 2Ghz PM G5's
Hmmm... Tough choice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.