Newbie video questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", iPhone 4, iTouch.
Hello All
Picked up my first ever Mac this weekend (iMac) and have to say I am absolutely delighted with my purchase. Anyway, I have my first question which I am hoping someone will help me with.

I cannot play any video content from, for example, Youtube or the BBC news website. I get an error message stating i do not have the relevant software and I'm prompted to install Adobe Flash from the Adobe website.

Is this the correct approach or is there a better approach ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes install Flash from Adobe or download Chrome. Seems to work out of the box for me.

Thanks very much for your response. Apologies if it was a dumb question but since moving to the Mac I want to avoid any unnecessary downloads to keep the Mac as 'virgin' as possible. (Thinking that will help ensure it stays clutter free).

Thanks again. I'll download from Adobe and go from there.

Cheers

C

chas_m

Broadly speaking, "clutter" isn't an issue for Macs. Programs don't interfere with one another generally.

While you're at it, download and install Flip4Mac WMV Player and Perian (both free) to enable your Mac to play Windows-based video file types and codecs hassle-free.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Broadly speaking, "clutter" isn't an issue for Macs. Programs don't interfere with one another generally.

While you're at it, download and install Flip4Mac WMV Player and Perian (both free) to enable your Mac to play Windows-based video file types and codecs hassle-free.

Really helpful response, thank you very much.
:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.