Mail under System Preferences

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Running OS X.7.2 and about to change ISP so need to set up new email account. Instructions are to go into Mail > Internet and Wireless > System Preferences. Now I do not know about others, but no such preference appears in the System Preferences available, including the Show All option.

Any suggestions please? As a last resort can follow the Snow Leopard instructions under Mail > File > Add New Account I guess.

Reaction score
On my iMac, I open the Mail app, click on Mail-Preferences (not System Preferences) and then click on the Accounts tab. At the bottom of this tab, there is a small plus and minus sign for adding and deleting accounts. Click on the plus to add a new account and it runs you through the setup procedure.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
On my iMac, I open the Mail app, click on Mail-Preferences (not System Preferences) and then click on the Accounts tab. At the bottom of this tab, there is a small plus and minus sign for adding and deleting accounts. Click on the plus to add a new account and it runs you through the setup procedure.

Same here, though I haven't set up another account since upgrading from SNL to Lion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.