How to use WD external drive

Reaction score
Hi Everyone...just-rediscovered this WD external drive and need to use it. someone else did the whole backup for me on may 2011. I notice My passport already has my files from the time as well as my e-mail and photos. How do I update this backup? (that is, I would like to backup everything that I've added since may: documents, e-mail and photos). Help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How did they make the original backup? In other words, which backup program did they use? If Time Machine was used, just hook up the drive to your machine, make sure it's mounted, go to System Preferences, Time Machine, turn it on, and press "backup now".

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks...i don't know what PGM was used or for that matter that you even needed a program...could anyone clarify if a WD external hard drive can be used to back up files+mail+photos directly (that is without having to use any other device such as time capsule). Thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.