HI, newbie here

M

macnewbie

I finally made "the switch" from PC to MAC..i'm getting the hang of it but it's a little hard.

Couple of questions...PLEASE help.

1. I have a blackberry and I use to be able to sync my info to my computer. Now it seems like I can't do it. Please help.

2. I was trying to use Idvd. I downloaded some videos off of Limewire and tried to import them into idvd so i can burn them...it would not let me do it. HELP!

3. File Maker Pro and Iwork - is there online tutorials? I still need a serial number for iwork. :p

4. Is it better to use ical or your calender in entourage?

5. What are the advantages of using .mac?

6. I can not sync my contacts into entourage. I saved them as text and csv files...NO LUCK. My pc completely crashed.

That is it for now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Welcome to the Mac world. Let me quickly address one of your questions:

3. We do not allow illegal activity here including asking for serial numbers. This is your one and only warning on this topic.

As for the rest of your questions here's what I can answer:

1. It depends on whether it's natively supported by iSync. If it's not you still might be able to through a 3rd party solution but someone else would need to come along with a suggestion on that one.

2. I'm assuming we're talking about legal movies you downloaded because if not, I refer you back to my answer for your third question. If they are, then they need to be in a format that iDVD understands. AVI is not one of them.

4. I like iCal only because it integrates with Mail, Address Book, etc. But if you use Entourage it just makes sense to keep it all there.

5. As for .Mac, check out the reviews in the Software Reviews forum.

OP
B

buckeyedoc444

? stupid question

I just bought an Imac and still learning the ropes. I have a bunch of old video clips on my old PC that I are in an .avi format. Is there any way that can convert them to a format that the Mac will recognize so I can use Adobe Premiere to make them into a movie? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
avi is just a container meaning it could be a ton of different formats. I'd suggest posting this in the Movies and Video forum so people can help you figure out which codecs they used and help you get them running on your Mac.

OP
B

buckeyedoc444

schweb said:
avi is just a container meaning it could be a ton of different formats. I'd suggest posting this in the Movies and Video forum so people can help you figure out which codecs they used and help you get them running on your Mac.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.