Itunes back up to disc?

Reaction score
I'm running 10.5.8 and would like to back up my itunes to dvd, this sounds simple enough. Then I start itunes goto file and there is no option to back up to disc. Anyone have any ideas that might point me in the right direction?

C

chas_m

Two things:

1. You should really check into iTunes Match, a $25/year service from Apple. It backs up ALL your music to the cloud, making it accessible to any of your devices. Compared to the amount of time you would need to manually back up your music to disc, $25 is nothing.

2. But if you want to do it the old-fashioned way, you need to go to iTunes' preferences and under Advanced change the type of disc you want to burn to "Data Disc." Then select songs until you've filled up the DVD (you should be able to put about 400-500 songs on a DVD as data I would think) and burn. Repeat until you've backed them all up.

Be aware that these discs are NOT audio CD/DVDs and thus won't play in any other kind of equipment than computers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.