RAM for new Mac Mini on Amazon.com

Reaction score
I am looking to add this Mac Mini to my wishlist on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Apple Mac Mini MC815LL/A Desktop (NEWEST VERSION): Computers & Accessories

It is this model: Apple Mac Mini MC815LL/A Desktop (NEWEST VERSION)

I want to upgrade the memory to 8gb, preferably with memory from Amazon, here is a link to what some people are saying will work:

Amazon.com: Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2), 204-pin SODIMM, DDR3 PC3-10600 Memory Module (CT2KIT51264BC1339): Electronics

I am a relative newcomer to Macs so any help is appreciated. If this is not the correct ram, can you please recommend what would work (on Amazon please, I am asking for this as a gift and want my relatives to be able to save some money).

Thank in advance!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The memory from Crucial is the correct type and Crucial memory along with that from Other World Computing is what most of us recommend buying.

EDIT: And please do not double post. I removed your duplicate post.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
And if you go to Crucial.com and lookup your machine in their memory finder applet, it will tell you exactly which "kits" and part numbers apply to your machine. If you really must purchase from Amazon, just take the part number and search it out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini, 2007 Macbook, iPod Classic, iPod Touch 2nd generation, iPad 1
Waw. I was in doubt for buying a Mac mini, but the possibility to, perhaps next year, upgrade to 8 GB of RAM for that price might be decisive.
Let us know what you decide and what your experience is after the upgrade. Maybe you could do a geekbench score before and after.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.