Laptop to TV

Reaction score
Hi

I am running a mac book with Leopard 10.5.8 2.1 Ghz Intel core 2, 1 GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM.

And am trying to learn more about wireless "laptop to TV" peripherals,

I have learned a little about;
Warpia
Wisair
IOgear

I recently purchased a Logitec Revue Google TV, however a tremendous amount of sites block google tv, so I am not able to stream from sites I had intended to stream from.

I knew going in, it could not get Hulu, but all three networks and Comedy channel etc... are blocked. My big concern is that I will not be able to stream Baseball on MLB TV this spring.

It also has trouble with netflix, when loading, gets hung up and is over all slow and clunky.

I have a new Panasonic TC P50X3 Plasma that I want to connect to the www without a bunch of cables running 10' to 15' across the room.

I did not know about "laptop to tv" when I got the google tv, so I may take it back to the store and replace it with something new, if I can find out more.

Who out there runs wireless laptop to tv and which product do you have?

It appears the Iogear one is Mac compatible, and I read that the Warpia has the drivers for macs.

Any suggestions would be very helpful, thanks.

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi

I posted this a week or so ago, is there some more info people may need to try to help figure thisout?

Does anyone run a tv from a laptop wireless?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
I dont actually view my laptop desktop on a TV. I have a Sony Blu-Ray that is wireless and connects to the internet through my router where I watch Netflix and Hulu all the time on it. Now, I am not going out to a browser and pulling things and streaming it that way.

I will have to look, but I know my Apple TV 2 will stream from my laptop to my other TV via Airplay. That may be your best bet. No, it doesnt have Hulu yet, but should soon. I do know it does the major sports (MLB, NBA, Hockey) and does a lot more. Best bet for info from the website.

Look into Roku as well. Great reviews and if I didnt already have the Blu-Ray player, I would have gotten one of those. Their top of the line model costs the same as ATV2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.