Ipod battery jumping?

Reaction score
Anyone else having this problem? I have an iPod touch 4g on iOS on 5.0.1 and I'm having a problem with the battery indicator on the top right.

It gives me a notification that battery is less than 20%, then minutes later it jumps back into green. Then a few minutes later it goes below 20% again and goes back up again. It also jumps sometimes when it is in the green zone by going from 70 to 80 etc.

I haven't had this problem ever with an iPhone 3g.

Is the iPod faulty? Software faulty?

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. I've had mine for a year exactly. Went to apple store and was given instructions for a restore to factory new device. Did that and no change. Then I put in iOS 5 and that didn't do anything either especially since one of the 200 features for iOS 5 mentioned was battery bug fixes. They seem very stingy to wanting to change the battery because apple guy at store linked up to my ipod touch with his handheld and no errors showed and basically told me there's a glitch somewhere in my software.

Reaction score
Same!

It has been goin on and on that their is battery bug's for IOS 5.0.1 What ever it is, and apparently their trying to fix it... But probablly for the next update i am sure it will be fixed, I asked friends if they have the same problem and Some people has a lower upgrade then 5.0.1 and some had 5.0.1, my friends with 5.0.1 all said they had battery problems, but no matter what it ever did, (jump fawards and backwards) It will stay the same amount of time you have on it. Friends with the lower said that theirs is fine. But I would not worry about it ...

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. This has been happening for me even before ios5. That's what I don't understand. I thought this forum was more helpful but I guess I am lucky I had one response, 400+ views. Thanks for info!;D

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. This has been happening for me even before ios5. That's what I don't understand. I thought this forum was more helpful but I guess I am lucky I had one response, 400+ views. Thanks for info!;D
Mine is jumping to. Also I will be able to turn it on after it shut itself off for low battery. iOS 5.0.1 iPod Touch 4G.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Mine does the same thing it started when i got iOS 5 also. You are not alone.

Reaction score
Thanks it's nice to see that I'm not the only one getting this problem. Yea. Hopefully they iron this out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 500GB OS10.7.2 i5, 4G 32GB iPod Touch
I get this too, and I'm actually concerned about my battery life. It's being tested as of this moment... have you noticed any other problems with the battery? Like it just being shorter than normal?

Reaction score
Yea I got a replacement from the Apple store. Seems to be better. I'd try to go to the Apple store and get a replacement and / or fill it out as a bug at Apple - iPod touch - Feedback.

Always try a DFU restore before going to the Apple store and tell the Genius that you did it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 500GB OS10.7.2 i5, 4G 32GB iPod Touch
Yeah, I did a DFU restore about 3 weeks ago when I reformatted my iPod from Windows to Mac (making the switch with my laptop), and I noticed it doing this before the restore, as well as after. I'll see what the deal is with the test, and if I have to, I have Applecare, and I'll make a trip out to the Apple Store in the Mall. It's quite far though... so it would have to be next week...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.