how to block numbers on i phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 2.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Mavericks, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch Gen 3, Apple TV Gen 2.
To the best of my knowledge, it can't be done.

I have heard of some people who have gone through their service provider to have a number blocked but I can't say if that's fact or fiction.

The easiest thing to do is this. If you know the number you want to avoid or block, just add it to your address book and name it "Ignore This Call" or "Don't Answer".

It won't stop your phone from ringing but at least you'll know that it's someone you want to avoid.

Reaction score
We use Smart Limits with my daughter's phone. One of the options there is number blocking. It does cost around $5/month, I believe. And, our carrier is AT&T. Not sure about other carriers' offerings.

C

chas_m

Bottom line (this question has been asked about a million times here, you should have done a search) -- without jailbreaking the iPhone, you CAN'T block individual numbers. In certain legal circumstances you can have your carrier block a number, and some carriers offer the service as an add-on.

Reaction score
How to block numbers...

Can anyone tell me how to block a person from calling my cell phone?
:Shouting:

Go to iTunes Store...get to Applications..in Search box type in iBlacklist. Download the app iBlacklist Manager ($.99..and well worth it!). Sync to your iPhone. You can now type in the numbers you want blocked and sync with all the unwanted tele-marketing numbers that are now able to call you on your cell phone. :D

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
WARNING!! Potential Scam Post

Go to iTunes Store...get to Applications..in Search box type in iBlacklist. Download the app iBlacklist Manager ($.99..and well worth it!). Sync to your iPhone. You can now type in the numbers you want blocked and sync with all the unwanted tele-marketing numbers that are now able to call you on your cell phone. :D

I just checked the reviews for this APP and there are an incredible number of 1 star ratings claiming the APP is a rip off!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I just checked the reviews for this APP and there are an incredible number of 1 star ratings claiming the APP is a rip off!

Well spotted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 2.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Mavericks, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch Gen 3, Apple TV Gen 2.
Ya, I checked out that App as well and it looks like a complete waste of money.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.