AirPlay/BT speakers?

Reaction score
I'm looking for a well priced AirPlay speaker system for my iOS devices. Any one have first hand experience with some? Looking to spend anywhere from $100-$300 maybe $350 for a good system. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Define good.

If you already have a decent stereo system - get an Airport Express or Apple TV - and run it into your stereo system. I have an Airport Express running into a Harmon Kardon receiver that goes into a 5.1 Energy Speaker system.

If you are looking at an All-In-One solution I've heard good things about the Sonos but I haven't personally used it.
SONOS PLAY:3 -- THE ALL-IN-ONE WIRELESS HiFi SYSTEM

I also have a Bose sound dock - I run an Airport Express into that as well. They now have a bluetooth solution.
Bose | SoundLink Wireless Mobile speaker | Bluetooth Speakers | Digital Music Solutions
Although Bose is pricey - for the size I like the sound. There are plenty of audiophiles who will deride Bose - but in my opinion the sound vs size is something I am willing to pay for.

If you are looking for something a little more portable there is the Jawbone Jambox
Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Speaker | Hi-Fi, Stereo, Speakerphone & more
I use this when on the go. For the size - again it sounds pretty good. Won't replace a full on system and it doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the Bose. That being said, the Jambox makes a very good speaker phone. I do a lot of calling and I haven't heard any complaints when I make a call with it. Amazon had it on sale for $150 USD at one point for the black one.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to take a serious look at the Bose. I'm going to Listen to one at Best Buy tomorrow.
Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.