MSN messenger on the mac

D

Daniel 1989 UK

Is it any different to the version you get on a microsoft pc ? how is it different ?

OP
S

sursuciofla

Yes they all are. I couldn't tell you the diff though since I am not on my computer and I don't use it that often but I do know that the windows versions are better just because more time is spent on developing them. That is because there are more PCs than Macs in homes and businesses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
The Mac version has far less features-- fewer smilies, no "winks" or any of that other superfluous stuff. I use it occasionally because people in my office use it and I sometimes I need to contact them from outside the company's premises.

It works for messaging, and that's about it.

OP
M

Merlinblack

yeah pretty featureless compared with the windows one.

Still works like it should though. Get Google Talk instead it's prettier. You'll need 10.4 however.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Merlinblack said:
yeah pretty featureless compared with the windows one.

Still works like it should though. Get Google Talk instead it's prettier. You'll need 10.4 however.
Google Talk doesn't have an official client for Mac OS X unless you know something no one else does. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20'' 2.0GHz 2gb Ram 400gb HDD
Mercury

use mercury messenger its much better and u can use cams (not a feature in microsoft messenger for mac) !

OP
D

Daniel 1989 UK

Shadowfax said:
use mercury messenger its much better and u can use cams (not a feature in microsoft messenger for mac) !
I'm on Adium its really good the best messenger I've ever used Mercury isn't bad if only it could connect to AIM, Yahoo and others like Adium can..

OP
A

ankushpatel

Msn Messenger For Mac Stinks!!!!!

I used to have a windows and the Msn messenger used to be great you get audio,video, chat conference all these kewl features.

When i recently got a powermac g5 suddenly I was in Shock
on the mac version you dont get audio,video, etc.

Microsoft neeeds to do something, just use Adium much better, and also you can crack audio and video.

Ankush

Reaction score
London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Ca
Your Mac's Specs
Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
Use amsn

I love it as now finally i can use my imacs built in isight to video chat with mates on msn.

I have never used the isight ever before, but it rocks and I am all for it.

Also I can use most winks and it is like a zillon times better then the microsoft crappy versio 5 which they have stripped.

OP
S

Soccerji

apple_power said:
I love it as now finally i can use my imacs built in isight to video chat with mates on msn.

I have never used the isight ever before, but it rocks and I am all for it.

Also I can use most winks and it is like a zillon times better then the microsoft crappy versio 5 which they have stripped.

how can you video chat when msn messenger does not support video chat

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.