Struggling with Outlook 2011 for Mac

Reaction score
Whenever I add a new contact in Outlook, it puts the contact into Address Book and not into my PST contacts file. When I go to send an email (to many addresses) and click on the TO: button, I can only select either my address book OR my pst contacts folder (and not both).
Is there any way to get Outlook to add the new contact into the PST folder, or is there a way to get the Address book contacts (new ones) into my PST folder??
This is driving me mad, so any help gratefully received!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I support Outlook 2011
Hello Algoz!

So here is the spec. Outlook 2011 doesn't use PSTs, at least not in the same way Windows does. Outlook 2011 doesn't 'Open' a PST, it imports it. So writing to a PST file is impossible.

What PST folder are you talking about? Outlook 2011 cannot create PST, only OLM. Is this PST imported from Exchange/Outlook for Windows?

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply MSMacMan.....I imported my pst folder from my previous pc. I've now deleted it as I use the address book only.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.