• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

anybody got this as well?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 12", ipod photo 20gig
okay, i'm a high school student.. and where i come from, macs aren't the norm.
so i got my ibook and an ipod and brought it to school, showed it to my friends and such.
ok my point is, i've realised that because people aren't accustomed to seeing such a beautiful thing, i get acquintances looking at me, talking to me about it.
okay, i'm not sad or don't have many friends, and i'm certainly not looking for the attention. but its just something interesting i've realised- people love the mac coz its so pretty.
same goes for my ipod, we high school students love our music, and i've got tons of friends who have those other mp3 players. yet i realise that us lucky enough to get an ipod get more people who like to borrow them- more than those using normal mp3 players.
so yeah, anybody experience the same thing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
I’m a student to. Were I come from if you have an mp3 player than it's pretty much an iPod. iPods are the norm. But I do agree with the point about the iBook. I am getting a PowerBook (which should be coming tomorrow actually) and when I tell people that I've order one they kind of raise there eyebrows a bit and say "wow, a Mac, sweet." You just don’t seem to get that with a PC. I don't know what it is about them though. I do think that it is to do with the fact that Apple's are a bit more expensive than PC's and that it's quite an individual thing to do to get a Mac. I think that because not allot of people have them they are intrigued as to what there like. Everyone’s played with a PC but not everyone’s played with a Mac.

That cartoon is pretty good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I realize it's just a cartoon, but I have had that happen to me with my iBook while at public WiFi hotspots.

Another reason I'm glad I went for the iBook instead of the PowerBook. :)

S

sursuciofla

Definately the iBook is a Chick Magnet. Couple it with the iPod and be prepared to start running. That's Paul Wall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
This statement couldn't be truer. The few (trust me, few) times that I've had a fine looking young lady in my room, they seem to spend more time in awe of my iMac than they do chilling with me.

Steve Jobbs must get so many chicks... :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.