Get fonts back to normal

Reaction score
I recently started tinkering around with the Font Book and I accidentally deleted some of the important fonts such as Times New Roman. How do I get them back? I have a copy of Microsoft Office. If I install that will the fonts go back to normal? If not, what can I do?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just checked my MS Office Fonts folder and it does have the complete Times New Roman Family. Installing MS Office may or may not get your fonts back as some of the MS fonts even though being of the same family, are different in structure.

If installing Office doesn't work, you'll need to reinstall OS X. You didn't say which version of OS X you're running but a Snow Leopard and Lion reinstall do not destroy applications, documents, and data. The reinstall overwrites system files and the kernel extensions. The fonts will also be reinstalled.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.