iPhone 3GS screen faded and bright with lines

Reaction score
Hello. I hope someone can help me. I gave my son my iPhone 3GS when I upgraded to the 4S, and it fell off our counter this morning. Now the LCD screen is very bright and faded, and there are random lines here and there! The touchscreen still works, as it responds to our fingers, but it is almost impossible to see. I searched online and I think all I need to do is replace the LCD screen itself. Does that sound right? I dont' think I need the digitizer (I think that's what it's called).

Any advice would be so appreciated. My son is incredibly bummed out.

Thx in advance.

ETA: After more Googling, I'm still confused. Not sure if i jsut need to get the replacement glass, or the whole assembly, which includes the digitizer? The screen still responds to touch - we can swipe, choose icons, type, etc. It's just very difficult to see what we're doing. Thx!

iphone 3gs.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
The LCD might have a loose cable or the LCD has been damaged. You can put a new LCD in yourself for about 20 dollars.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.