crap

W

whoriental

So I got the lastest update. I restarted my computer and its slow as crap. I just put a extra gig of ram. so it shouldn't be doing that. I need to find :black: out what is the disk check shortcut whenever you start the computer up, or what is wrong with my computer.

OP
M

menace3054

whoriental said:
So I got the lastest update. I restarted my computer and its slow as crap. I just put a extra gig of ram. so it shouldn't be doing that. I need to find :black: out what is the disk check shortcut whenever you start the computer up, or what is wrong with my computer.

it does take a while to restart after the update... if it actually boots into os x, go to utilities and disk utility, and repair permissions. that often helps out a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
the first time after an update like that always takes a long long time, but after that it's back and fast again :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just as fast as ever if not a hair faster here on Mac Mini. I repaired permissions as soon as it rebooted after the Combo update. Took a while to boot the first time after the update but that is normal and it did that with 4.1 and 4.2 also.

OP
M

Merlinblack

I've yet to update my PB, I'll try it now and get back to you.

EDIT: took a long time to start up (which seems to be normal) and everything else ran just fine. I did a repair permissions anyway just for fun :D.

Good Luck, I hope nothing broke!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.