Help! 27" Imac screen issues / Seattle area repair

Reaction score
The other day I changed my background to a solid color to check for any defects etc and didn't notice anything until a day later when I woke the computer from sleep mode...

The result of this in the picture below.. My best description is it looks like a wave line on beach thats running vertical only on the left side of the screen...I've read countless issues about smudges behind the lcd and in front of backlight but I think my problem maybe different...Apple said they never herd of this but they couldnt see the picture. The line/smudge slowly fades away 1 minute after the screen warms up. This reoccurs everytime the screen is shutdown and turn back on.

photo.jpg

I just really want to know if anyone has seen this before.. Also If anyone can recommend certified apple service provider in the Seattle area... I called apple and they gave me a bunch of options..curious to see who people on here think is the best.

Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would take it on in to an Apple store located in the Seattle area. Make an appointment with the genius bar before taking it in. It appears the LCD has a "cold spot" which goes away when it warms up. I don't know if that will get worse or better in the future, but in any event, have Apple check it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.