Airport Extreme won't print

Reaction score
Hello,
I just got an Airport Extreme base station and it works great for getting my MBP and my iMac on the internet. I plugged in my printer into a USB port on the back of the Extreme and tried to print something on my iMac. Although my computer found the printer (via Bonjour) right away, I had to DL a driver. Once I did that, I was able to select the printer in the list. I rebooted the computer. Now when I try to print, it seems that nothing happens but when I look at the list of print jobs, what I tried to print says "Completed." And this happens in a split second. The printer doesn't make any noise like it's trying to print.

I am able to print from my MBP wirelessly without a problem.

I'm not sure what Bonjour is but is my computer connecting OK to my printer? How can I get something to print? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Here is a little bit of information on bonjour. The first thing you may want to try is to disconnect the printer from the AEBS and see if it comes back once you plug back in. If that fails I would remove the printer and let the machine rediscover it again to add the printer.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Still not working. I plugged the printer directly into the computer and it prints fine. I plugged it back into the AEBS, reset the printing system (in System Pref> Print & Fax, control-click on the printer list and select Reset Printing System). Still the same problem. No errors, no nothing. Just says the printing job completed right away and nothing gets printed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
When you open Airport Utility and under printers does yours show up ?

OP
C
Reaction score
When I open Airport Utility, the printer does not show up in the list on the left. When I click on the AirPort on the left, then click Manual Setup, then on the printer icon on top, my printer is listed under "This pane shows USB printers connect to your Apply wireless device." The box next to "Share printers over Ethernet WAN port" is not checked. (I'm not using that port so I'm guessing that it doesn't have to be checked.)

The iMac is running 10.5.8.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.