Is there a Windows/Ipad database?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, ipod classic 160gb, iphone4 16gb, imac g4, ipod 2nd gen 40gb
Hi,

I hope this is the right place for this question.

I desperately need to setup a database of my customers. I'm new to databases, never really had a need to use one before.

So what I'd like is, a template just like as in my contacts (or similar) but with a lot more info, records and dates of jobs completed and annual reminders etc.

What would be perfect is an app for my iPad, that I could sync with a similar app on a windows PC (in the office).

Hopefully someone has experience of an app that'll do the job.

Thanks in advance.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, ipod classic 160gb, iphone4 16gb, imac g4, ipod 2nd gen 40gb
Sorry for bumping this up.

If you have read above and have no suggestions, then maybe you know of a similar database I can sync between a Mac and a windows PC?

Or alternatively, is there a way I can sync my contacts app on my Mac to a windows PC in the office?

C

chas_m

I know little of PCs and iPads, but the contacts will sync to Outlook.

As for a database, do they make Bento for PC? If so, I would suggest you check into that.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Core i7 2.66 500GB 15" - Mac mini Core i5 2.5 500GB - Iphone 4 32GB - 32GB Ipad 2
unfortunately bento is not available for windows, but if your able to spend a little more cash filemaker pro (bento's big brother) is available for windows. Filemaker has a "contact management" starter solution, which is a pre-built template that can be modified to meet your specific needs. There is also filemaker go for idevices that allows you to access, modify and sync your database while your out and about.

cheers

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
unfortunately bento is not available for windows, but if your able to spend a little more cash filemaker pro (bento's big brother) is available for windows. Filemaker has a "contact management" starter solution, which is a pre-built template that can be modified to meet your specific needs. There is also filemaker go for idevices that allows you to access, modify and sync your database while your out and about.

cheers

Considering buying FileMaker now.

Will the one box I purchase in the apple store, install on my mac and PC? Is there a limit to the amount of users?

I then need to keep them in sync, will I need to buy FileMaker server? Or is there a cheaper way? Quite expensive considering I'd have 2 maybe 3 users.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.