micrsoft office test drive and proper version

S

sik

I had the test drive version and now I have loaded the full version on. The files default to the test drive version still. How do I tell all .doc files to default to the full version of word.

how do remove the test drive version. There is an uninstall but it is unclear whether it is the full version or test drive!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You have to uninstall the Test Drive before you install the full version, it tells you that in the read me. You'll need to uninstall both and then reinstall the full version.

OP
S

sik

ridulous

thats stupid
why wouldn't the software detect there is another version and remove the old version?

OP
S

sik

more uninstall nightmares

I have been trying to remove office. I says it is removed and it tells me to delete it from the trash and i do so and it is still there.
I try and remove it again sometimes the unistall program detects components sometimes it doesn't and i try removing it again.
i can stil go into word and excel and powerpoint even though it tells me it has removed all components?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
sik said:
thats stupid
why wouldn't the software detect there is another version and remove the old version?
While it may not be the most intuitive I agree, it still doesn't dissolve your responsibility for reading directions before just installing something. ;)

Reaction score
Hi Schweb, I also installed Office over Office Test Drive. I have deleted both versions by dragging then into the trash and emptying the Trash. It seems that there are still some system files that are linked to the Test Drive version of Office. Will you please let me know how to install the full version of Office? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hi Schweb, I also installed Office over Office Test Drive. I have deleted both versions by dragging then into the trash and emptying the Trash. It seems that there are still some system files that are linked to the Test Drive version of Office. Will you please let me know how to install the full version of Office? Thanks

There was an uninstaller for the Office Test Drive. Dragging it to the Trash would not have caught all of the necessary files for deletion.
You may need to reinstall the Test Drive, then remove it properly using the uninstaller to ensure that it is removed correctly.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?pid=office2004td

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.