Weird iPhone 3GS Message weirdness?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPhone 3GS 32GB
Hi,

This is very weird. It's a mates birthday today, and he posted a picture on facebook of a mans rear end - with the words 'Happy Birthday' written on it. Then my name got mentioned as being the owner of said rear end, and when I asked why he thought it was me, he said 'Because you text'd it to me'

I didn't!

I asked him to send me a screen shot, as I didn't really believe him. But sure enough, in out text message exchange, there is indeed that picture and seemingly from me.....

Can anyone shed some light on this please? It's either a hoax on his part, or my iPhone has been hacked by a comedian!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
it's more likely someone spoofed your SMS id.

OP
MacFanDan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPhone 3GS 32GB
Sorry guys, I've been wound up!

My mate promised me last night that he wasn't making it up, but today when I was going on about how weird it was and asking 'Do you think I should run it by the Apple store?' He caved in and admitted the wind up.

Not a bad effort though, I was reasonably convinced!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Sorry guys, I've been wound up!

My mate promised me last night that he wasn't making it up, but today when I was going on about how weird it was and asking 'Do you think I should run it by the Apple store?' He caved in and admitted the wind up.

Not a bad effort though, I was reasonably convinced!

What worried me was how he could fit all those letters on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.