Please help! Wireless Music System

Reaction score
Hi

I have a MacBook and about 400 CDs that are currently gathering dust in boxes. I'd like to sort this out so that I can access the music and play it wirelessly somehow.

I'm a bit baffled by the Airport Express/Airport Extreme/self powered speakers/wireless speakers options and not really sure what they all do.

I've got as far as thinking it would be a good idea to put the CD content onto an external hard drive and play music through iTunes but I don't know what else I need to do :/

Can anyone help me with what equipment I need to do this and what the best combination would be. Ideally looking for the cheapest way to do it too ...

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
What equipment do you currently have?
Do you have an amp with line in, and speakers, or neither?
Airport Express is by far the easiest way, but you do need an amp and speakers to connect to.
For sure ripping the CD's and playing through iTunes is going to be a good option too, and using an external drive is a good idea.
A bit more info on your set up and we will be able to guide you more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.