• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Favorite Cigars

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
I was just wondering if there are any cigar smokers on here and what there favorite brands of cigars are. Two of my favorite brands are Cohiba and Helix. Both of them are very smooth and have a great taste and smell to them. Cohiba's are kind of expensive (or at least they are to me) the cheapest in my area is $10.50, the Helix's are less expensive and are very good smokes for the price, $4.20 for the cheapest in my area. Just thought I would start a thread that all of us cigar smokers could discuss our favorite brands and also some favorite places to smoke cigars. Also, I like to take my PowerBook out on my deck and smoke a cigar, I like to sit out their and read these forums and browse the internet and listen to music, its very relaxing.

M

Merlinblack

Heh the funny thing is I no Idea what the name of the cigar I smoke is. I can tell you what shelf it is on at the shop :p.

The last couple cigars I've smoked have been "Romeo and Juliets". Those cigars have quite a kick to them, go very slow if you get your mitts on one of them.

I like to smoke them outside as well. Under the stars at night is best when it's just you and your cigar and nobody is bugging you about anything or anyone. I love it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
not really a cigar smoker but some Havana Half Coronas came into my possession so i think ill part take in one of those even though i might not really appriciate it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I had the pleasure of visiting Europe a few years back on business. I found that I have a preference for Cuban Romeo Y Juliettas. I was in a position where I was able to bring several boxes back without having to go through customs. :ninja: Needless to say, I almost strictly smoke these when I do smoke cigars.

S

sursuciofla

Cubans, just because they are illegal. Otherwise would just be average. :black:

OP
dmachine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM
The first time that I smoked a Cuban I had one **** of a buzz that I had to lay down, it was insane.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
cigars

hey

i like cafe cremes by henri winterman

regards :spook:

M

Merlinblack

baggss said:
I had the pleasure of visiting Europe a few years back on business. I found that I have a preference for Cuban Romeo Y Juliettas. I was in a position where I was able to bring several boxes back without having to go through customs. :ninja: Needless to say, I almost strictly smoke these when I do smoke cigars.

Do you find them strong compared to cubans/other cubans (can't remember)? They just about knock me out everytime I get near them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One of the things I liked about the Romeo Y Julietas was their smoothness and good taste. Didn't find them strong at all. Very smoooooooth....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
im looking farward to crackin open the cubans later on after the comments

M

Merlinblack

mmmm Just finished a cigar not 15 mins ago :D

This time I had a Hupmann, but I looked at the name of my "favorite" while I was at the store and it was a montecristo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MMMM, Yes Monticristos. I got some of those (Cuban) while in Europe as well. Not as smooth as the Romeo Y Juliettas, but close.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.
Reviving an old thread...

Recently got given some Montecristo Sublimes (Limited Edition 2008), just smoked one and I have to say it was a very smooth cigar, strong but smooth. They have been aged for 2-years.

Normally, not that smoke cigars very often, but when I do I tend to buy a tin of Cafe Creme - blues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Im really a fan of "the edge" its only $7 or $8. Also I love Arturo Fuentes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You wicked naughty boy!

It will stunt your growth!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Actually, I tried my first Cigar last night.
I tried a Swisher Sweet Grape Blunt. Probably garbage to all you who have been smoking for a long time, but it was awesome!
Took me like half an hour to smoke it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.
If you enjoyed it MJC then that is all that matters. Of course it is nice to smoke £20 cigars but I would not do it all the time even if I could afford it!

As far as it taking half hour to smoke, that is the point with these bad boys, long and slow... Like making love to a beautiful woman! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Hah, Thats Great! I am continuing to expand my horizons a bit and getting better ones. I really enjoy these baby's. I was just chillaxin in the hot tub and smokin a cigar last night. and was thinking, Life Can't get better than this!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.