Cleaning up

Reaction score
I have removed many applications in the past. I don't remember all of the applications I have used. I know how that I should use apptrap or cleanmymac to uninstall the applications.

Is there any applications or methods to go back and scan files that are no longer associated with an application to free up some hard drive room?

Thank you for any advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM v10.7.2
There is an application called Onyx that's made for cleaning up files on your computer, but be careful there are a lot of things you might want to uncheck before cleaning it out (if you do decide to use Onyx, of course).

OP
K
Reaction score
There is an application called Onyx that's made for cleaning up files on your computer, but be careful there are a lot of things you might want to uncheck before cleaning it out (if you do decide to use Onyx, of course).

Thanks, I have used that. I'm not exactly sure what would clean the old application information as far as settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" 10.8 (latest)
Me neither and I have run a few simple things using Onyx. Someone should post some settings for us to use for removing old app settings :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Download the free utility "AppCleaner" from here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.