Flashing ? Problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had the flashing ? On my mp pro operating OSS snow leopard..

I have rest the pram and installed the os x disk to reinstall.

I have 2 problems

1. I do not have repair disk or verify disk permissions in disk utility - they are greyed out.

2. I have tried to reinstall OSS from the disk but when I get to the screen that says asks "select the disk where you want to install mac os x" - but there is no option in the box for me to choose?.

Please help!! Thanks guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Your hard disk sounds as if it is disconnected or damaged beyond repair

There is no visible hard dusk to install onto, so it sounds like a hard disk replacement

I hope you have a back-up

OP
D
Reaction score
Your hard disk sounds as if it is disconnected or damaged beyond repair

There is no visible hard dusk to install onto, so it sounds like a hard disk replacement

I hope you have a back-up

Thanks Louishen- if my hard drive is disconnected then how do I reconnet it??

What's my options basically

Thanks again

Danny

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It really sounds like the drive is dead. One thing to try is again boot up with the OSX DVD but before the Drive selection part, look up top and find Utilities and click on Disk Utility.

Does the drive show up there? If so try to erase the drive and see what happens.

There is a slim possibility the drives SATA plug came loose, but I have a feeling it's just dead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.