Remote Desktop Connection for Mac Problems

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am new to Apple products, and this forum, so please forgive me in advanced if I have posted this question in the wrong place or my problem is a minor problem.

I have a MacBook Pro running OS Lion 10.6.8 and am having problems with my Remote Desktop Connection for Mac application. Using this app, I need to log into a server running Windows Server 2003. However everytime I login, the remote session disconnects/crashes every 30 secs or so.

I have no idea why this is and really need some help on this. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
10.6.8 is Snow Leopard. Is this the Microsoft client?

OP
P
Reaction score
Apologies......you’re right with the Snow Leopard comment.
Regarding the Microsoft Client question – Yes it is. I downloading the application from the MS websites (Remote Desktop Connection Client 2.1) but it keeps crashing when I log into the MS server from my Macbook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I found the Microsoft client to be totally unreliable and dumped it. I know use CoRD and it is 100% better and it never drops on me like the MS client did.

Reaction score
I can vpn to my work network but cannot remote into my work computer...tried using the RDC that came on my iMac and CoRD neither will connect. My windows 7 laptop has no problem connecting to my windows xp computer at work...what or how do I do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Are you going in via the host name of the remote system or with the IP address?

Reaction score
was going in the same way i do on my windows pc...the name of my work computer. At this point it is a challenge that I want to figure out how to make it work....I had a heck of a time getting vpn to connect but finally did, so now I want to be able to remote in and get to my files..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
was going in the same way i do on my windows pc...the name of my work computer. At this point it is a challenge that I want to figure out how to make it work....I had a heck of a time getting vpn to connect but finally did, so now I want to be able to remote in and get to my files..

Try going in by your ip address of the machine you want to remote to. This should work for you, but if not post back.

Reaction score
i used the ip address and still no go....i have no problem using my windows 7 pc at home connecting to windows xp at work...I see my desktop but not with my mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.