upgrade to lion

Reaction score
I would like to move my MAC Pro to a SSD drive. I would prefer to reinstall the whole OS and then upgrade to Lion. I want to keep my old hard drive as an extra storage solution. What is the best way to ensure i can get access to my old home folders and stuff?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I would like to move my MAC Pro to a SSD drive. I would prefer to reinstall the whole OS and then upgrade to Lion. I want to keep my old hard drive as an extra storage solution. What is the best way to ensure i can get access to my old home folders and stuff?

When installing the OS, use the option to migrate your users and apps from the other drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And it is a Mac Pro and not a MacBook Pro?

Pop the old drive into bay 2 and it should be bootable by accessing System Preferences > Startup Disk and selecting the drive, subject to it having a bootable operating system installed.

Reaction score
Macbook Pro's have a second HDD bay? If so can I install windows 7 on the second HDD and basically have two separate machines? Just choose which to boot up from at start up?

Sorry to hijack and go off topic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
NO they do not. Is why the question.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.